Ativan 2mg Online(Lorazepam)
Ativan (lorazepam) is used to treat anxiety or for the short-term relief of the symptoms of stress or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms. It belongs to a category of medicines known as benzodiazepines which act on the central nervous system of the brain to produce a relaxing effect.
This drug works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA). Lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and polacrilin potassium are the inactive ingredients present in lorazepam.
Dosage of Ativan medication
The common doses of Ambien are 1mg, 2 mg. Based on your condition you might need one of these doses.
Precautions of Ativan medication
The precautions that a person has to know are as follows-
- Without adequate antidepressant therapy, benzodiazepines should not be used in patients with depression.
- In patients with compromised respiratory function, Lorazepam should be used with caution
- Elderly people may be more susceptible to the sedative effects of lorazepam. Therefore,
these people should be monitored frequently and their dosage should be adjusted
- During benzodiazepine use,
- Paradoxical effects must be reported. Such effects/reactions may be more likely to occur in children and the elderly. If these effects/ reactions occur, use of the drug should be discontinued.
- Dosage for patients having severe hepatic insufficiency should be monitored carefully according to patient condition; lower doses may be sufficient in such patients.
- In patients where gastrointestinal or cardiovascular disorders coexist with anxiety, it should be noted that lorazepam has not been shown to be of significant benefit in treating the gastrointestinal or cardiovascular component.
Side Effects of Ativan 2mg medication
- Most of the adverse reactions to benzodiazepines include CNS effects and respiratory depression, are dose-dependent.
- In a sample of about 3500 patients treated for anxiety, the most frequent adverse reaction
to Ativan (lorazepam) was sedation (15.9%), followed by dizziness (6.9%), weakness (4.2%), and unsteadiness (3.4%). The incidence of sedation and unsteadiness increased with age.
Other adverse reactions to benzodiazepines, including lorazepam are
- 1. Fatigue,
4. Memory impairment,
10. Suicidal ideation/attempt,
13. Extrapyramidal symptoms,
15. Tremor, vertigo, eye function/visual disturbance (including diplopia and Blurred
16. Dysarthria/slurred speech
19. Respiratory depression,
20. Paradoxical reactions, including anxiety, excitation, agitation, hostility, aggression, sleep disturbances/insomnia, sexual arousal, and hallucinations may occur.
21. Small decreases in blood pressure and hypotension may occur but are usually not clinically significant, probably being related to the relief of anxiety produced by Ativan (lorazepam).
Overdose of Ativan medication
- Overdosage of benzodiazepines is usually manifested by varying degrees of central nervous system depression, ranging from drowsiness to coma.
- In a few cases, symptoms include drowsiness, mental confusion, paradoxical reactions,
dysarthria, and lethargy.
- In more serious cases, and especially when other drugs or alcohol were ingested, symptoms may include ataxia, hypotonia, hypotension, cardiovascular depression,
respiratory depression, hypnotic state, coma, and death.
Missed Dose of 2mg Ativan medication
In other words, you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember in the morning hours. If you miss a dose of lorazepam, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your dosing schedule. Do not double up your dose to balance it.
Storage of Ativan medication
- Store in the refrigerator between 2-8°C away from light or as directed by your pharmacist.
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not store in the bathroom.
- Keep all medications away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so.
- In other words, Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed.
- Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
- Anxiety disorders
- Trouble sleeping
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Nausea and vomiting
- Do not use the medication of Ativan for a condition for which it is not prescribed.
- Do not share your Ativan with anyone, even if they are also prescribed for it or have the same symptoms.
- You may ask your professional doctor or pharmacist for the safe usage of Ativan.
- Make sure the website is genuine and don't sell drugs to those patients who don't have a prescription for it.
- Make sure you see a US phone number and address. This may help you make sure the website is not selling fake Ativan.
- Take the medication of Ativan precisely as your healthcare provider recommends you to take it.
- Your healthcare provider or doctor may guide you on how many doses of Ativan to take and when to take it.
- If you accidentally overdose this medication, call your healthcare provider or doctor, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
- Taking the medication of Ativan may cause you to be drowsy. Do not drive any vehicle or operate any machinery.
- Do not drink alcohol or take any alcoholic beverage while taking this medication. Drinking alcohol or taking any alcoholic beverage may increase your chances of having severe side effects.