Premature Ejaculation: A hindrance to Pleasure
Like other physical health problems, there are sexual health problems that no one talks about much. Sexual health has less awareness than needed. Similarly, one of such problems is Premature ejaculation.
Sexual health problems not only affect sex life and relationships but may also be a risk for other health conditions. So, one should take sexual health equally important as physical conditions.
What is Premature ejaculation?
When a man releases semen during sexual activity, it is known as ejaculation. So, when men ejaculate earlier than required, it is known as premature ejaculation. However, experiencing this once or twice in some time is normal and is usually not a cause for concern. But if someone experiences this problem most of the time during sexual activity, then it is a problem that needs concern. Therefore, the condition looks like this:
- Releasing early most of the time within 1-3 minutes after penetration.
- Not able to delay ejaculation most times
- Avoiding sexual activity due to frustration or fear of early ejaculation.
The condition is also known as early ejaculation, premature climax, or rapid ejaculation. There are two types of it: Acquired and Lifelong. Acquired PE means that you had normal ejaculation but have developed PE. Whereas lifelong PE means you have always experienced it from your first sexual experience.
Causes for PE:
There are different factors that can cause PE. However,
Psychological causes are:
- Poor body image
- Anxiety and depression
- Sexual abuse
- Early sexual experiences
- Stress about premature ejaculation
- Guilty feelings relating to sex
- Relationship problems
- Irregular hormones or imbalance
- Inherited traits
- Swelling or infection in the urethra or prostate
- Imbalance in the brain chemicals
- Erectile dysfunction
Is PE a sexual dysfunction?
Premature Ejaculation (PE) is a type of sexual dysfunction because it involves problems during sexual activity. Therefore, PE is a type of sexual health problem. However, there can be other different problems. So, PE is not the same as Erectile dysfunction (ED). But studies show that early ejaculation can increase the risk of ED or vice versa.
Therefore, if you experience erectile dysfunction along with PE, your doctor may prescribe you medication for achieving erection first. Medications like Levitra are prescribed for it. Also, you can buy Levitra online and get a prescription from Rite Aid Pharmacy.
If you are recently experiencing PE, then these home methods may improve your sexual health. The two home remedies are:
- Start and stop method: During sexual activity, tell your partner to stop stimulation when you are near ejaculation. Then, start again when the ejaculating feeling subsides. Try the same procedure yourself or with your partner. Then, release for the fourth time. This increases the time duration of sexual activity and will increase tolerance.
- Squeeze method: After stimulating the penis, when you are close to releasing, your partner will firmly squeeze your penis so that your feeling for ejaculation goes away or your erection weakens. This will tell your mind when you are close to releasing and will increase control over it.
- Kegel Exercises: There are certain male pelvic floor exercises also known as kegel exercises. These exercises involve squeezing and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles. Therefore, squeeze your muscles like trying to hold pee or gas. Doing this several times a day can help stretch the muscles which can help with premature ejaculation.
However, these strategies may not work quickly. So, it can take upto several weeks to see the effects of these methods. So, be patient and if these methods do not work after several tries, then you must take professional help.
Diagnosis and Treatment
After your visit to your doctor, you should prepare answers to certain questions like:
- Does PE happen every time or occasionally?
- Are you sexually active?
- How often do you indulge in sexual activity?
- Can you delay your ejaculation at least till penetration?
- For how long have you been experiencing PE?
- How PE has affected your sex life?
- Psychological feelings and beliefs around sex and PE
- Medical history and ongoing treatments or medications
These answers will help your doctor rule out the cause of PE. Also, your doctor according to your symptoms will provide you with a reasonable treatment plan. In case you have ED, your doctor can prescribe Levitra (vardenafil) for you.
Sexual health problems can cause frustration, stress, and other problems with the partner. However, good communication will help to get through the situation. Also, just like other physical problems, it is also a disorder. So, there is nothing to be embarrassed about and talk with your doctor.
A good treatment will help resolve your all problems regarding sexual health. Therefore, if you have a problem with rapid ejaculation try home remedies, and if they do not work contact your doctor.