Oxycontin is a potent analgesic and also known as oxycodone. Oxycodone helps to diminish the grade of ongoing moderate and severe pain in adult bodies. Moreover, the molar mass of this drug is 315.364 g/mol. Oxycontin is available online and over the counter through legal prescription. This drug is appropriate for short term use under physicians’ supervision.
Warning- Oxycontin is not advisable to use with other drugs such as benzodiazepines and sedative-hypnotics.
Oxycontin exists in nature as extended-release tablets and concentrated solution (liquid). Moreover the currently available powers of Oxycontin are 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, 60mg and 80mg. Therefore, you have to take a medical consultation with the doctor to know about your satisfactory strength. The higher power of this drug should be only used when you are common with opioids. To know more about Oxycontin chemical formation so go through given below characteristics-
- Oxycontin and its other powers are the family members of the opioid narcotic drug class.
- Therefore, it acts by breaking the transmission between the brain and body by blinding receptors.
- For instance, Oxycontin may become peril for health if you are overstepping the precautions.
- It comes under the group of schedule 2 controlled substance.
- Oxycontin has enormous potential for drug dependency as correlated to schedule 3 and 4.
- This drug may become habit-forming if you are using it without Rx or recommendation.
- Each subgroup of oxycodone has similar shape and dimensions but having different colour, and imprint and mechanism rate.
- The dose may assign you after optimizing your health status. Therefore must take medical opinion before reaching under therapy.
- Moreover, the treatment duration may vary from sufferer to suffer due to health status and ongoing treatment.
- FDA certified the use of this drug in the USA in 1995 under safety standards.
- It is not permissible to use in the children younger than 12 years due to side effects.
- Don’t chew, break or lick the tablet; just swallow it.
Medical counselling- you have to take medical consultation with your Dr. to know about the treatment duration. Moreover, you have to persist on the prescribed strength and duration without any manipulation. The dose and treatment may change gradually as per necessity. Don’t modify in dose without consultation.
Physical and mental attributes- the dose strength & treatment duration may vary from sufferer to sufferer due to health and medical components. Therefore, don’t offer your dose to anyone else without recommendation. It is against the law. The victim may meet to life-threatening side effects if they are taking dose abruptly without consultation.
How does Oxycontin exclude from the body?
Oxycontin and its other strengths are having similar eviction procedure. However, the dose may stay alive longer if you have taken the surplus/excess amount. Numerous factors may affect elimination manner-
- Body mass
- Metabolism rate
- Liver and heart functioning
- Physical and mental aptitude
As per the reports, Oxycontin has half-life nearby 3.2 hours. So, the entire dose takes many half-lives to delete from the body entirely. It will be fully out from the body within 24 hours in a healthy person. However, it can be observable in several human parts after the past intake dose-
- Oxycontin may stay active in the bloodstream for up to 24 hours after the consumption.
- It may stay alive in the hair follicles for up to 90 days after the last usage.
- Oxycodone is detectable in the urine for up to 4 days after last practice.
- This drug takes around 48.hours to exclude from the saliva after last utilization.
As per the FDA report, the estimated 87% dose of Oxycontin deletes from the urine. However, the remaining Oxycontin dosage may erase from the saliva, hair and sweat with different time ranges. In other words, the eviction protocol may vary from victim to victim due to metabolism functioning.