Exercises for Anxiety: Best Exercises for Anxiety Relief
Anxiety disorders affect our mental and physical health. Also, anxiety can disrupt our daily life activities, depriving us of many good things. So, if you are also suffering from severe anxiety. This article on “exercises for anxiety” will be a great help for you. Therefore, you will be able to beat anxiety problems naturally.
There has been a great rise in mental health problems in recent years. From April to May, in less than a month, 27% of people reported anxiety. Also, studies show more than 50 million people in the US have anxiety. In addition, it is common for adults to have an anxiety disorder. However, teenagers are no less. Every one in three teenagers suffers from anxiety. So, this is a huge number in America.
Brief on Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety is so common nowadays, that everyone knows about it. However, let us discuss it in brief. So, it will help in a better understanding of the article. While anxiety is a feeling, anxiety disorder is a mental illness. So, you know the feeling of nervousness, dread, or something in the stomach before an important meeting or test. But it is typical human nature. However, when anxiety goes out of hand it starts creeping up in our daily lives.
Further, getting anxiety all day long or on small things. In addition, you are feeling anxiety but do not know the cause. These can indicate an anxiety disorder. Also, anxiety disorder stops us from trying new things or accepting an offer good for us. However, the anxiety levels can vary in different people. But it becomes extremely essential to manage anxiety levels. This will help in leading a happy life.
How to drop anxiety levels with lifestyle?
Our whole body is connected to each other. So, taking care of mental health will give you active physical health. Also, good physical health will also keep your mind healthy. Therefore, making some lifestyle changes will work for overall health. So, lifestyle changes are:
- Focus on what you eat. Maintain a healthy nutrients rich diet to support physical and mental health.
- Make a sleeping schedule to get enough sleep. Because sleep can help a lot with your mental health.
- Avoid taking alcohol, smoking, or caffeine. So, it cannot hinder your sleep. Also, they can impact your health negatively.
- Staying physically active is important. Even if you start with a simple walk, it counts.
- Practice relaxation techniques. You can try meditation, yoga, etc. However, meditation is one of the best mind relaxation techniques to follow.
- Limit your screen time or social media. Because especially among teenagers, social media is causing anxiety and depression. Also, it interferes with the quality of sleep. Therefore, try to limit screen time, especially before bedtime.
Does exercise help with an anxiety disorder?
We all listen to stay active and exercise daily. Also, it can help with mental health. But, is it really true? Does exercise really benefit mental health or anxiety? So, yes, it is true. There are various studies that show the impact of physical exercise on mental health. Exercise helps in anxiety with:
- Exercising can decrease muscle tension. This also helps in decreasing anxious feelings.
- Movement makes your heart rate high. This is important for the well-being of the body.
- Exercise increases brain chemicals like serotonin, GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric Acid), etc. These help in calming the mind and reducing anxiety.
- When we exercise, our frontal part of the brain activates. So, the brain helps promote better health and reduce anxious feelings.
- When you exercise daily, not only physical but mental health gets stronger too. Therefore, you get great resistance towards anxious feelings.
- Exercise helps you get away with anxious thoughts.
- Studies show that people who exercise regularly have great tolerance. Further, they are less likely to develop anxiety and depression.
Physical Exercise for Reducing Anxiety
Here are some useful physical exercises that can help lower your anxiety:
- Yoga: Yoga is a combination of exercises. These include physical strength, flexibility, meditation, and whatnot. Yoga is one of the best forms of exercise for mental health. It is like a complete package.
- Weight Lifting: Weight lifting helps in increasing muscles and reducing fat. Also, it creates muscle strength supporting mental health. Therefore, maintaining weight and lifting weight can increase self-esteem. Also, it helps with mental health.
- Long Walks: Experts recommend taking 10k steps daily for better health. But obviously, you do not have to take a toll on yourself. If you are new, start taking slow steps. Walking, especially in nature, can reduce your stress.
- Running: There is enough proof that running lowers stress and anxiety. Running for even half an hour can reduce your risk. Further, running makes you focus on yourself more than your anxious thoughts.
- Dancing: This is one of my favorite activities. Dancing is a fun activity that is great for physical and mental health. It is a great stress buster that promotes physical health without any stress.
- Swimming: This activity involves small and big muscle groups for an activity. Also, it does not put pressure on your joints. Water is a great way to keep your stress and anxiety away. It can relax your mind and also promotes physical health.
- Adventure activities: If you love adventures, then you must go often. Try doing trekking, hiking, or other nature activities. These activities are challenging and provide relief from stress.
Apart from these, you can opt for other activities that you like. For example, tai chi, aerobics, etc. Also, keep your pace slow and give time for exercise to work. Don’t over-exhaust or over-expect.
Breathing Exercises for Anxiety
Breathing exercises can help with stress management. Also, it helps in reducing anxiety. If someone is prone to anxiety attacks, breathing exercises can help reduce or stop anxiety attacks. Some of the popular breathing exercises are:
- Alternate Nostril Breathing: This is a breathing exercise in which you are breathing one nostril at a time. For this, sit down comfortably first. Now, raise your right hand resting the left one. Now, either keep your pointer or middle finger bent into your palm or place them between your eyebrows. Now, with your thumb, block your right nostril inhaling through the left. Now, with the ring finger block the left nostril, and exhale through the right nostril. Now, repeat this process for up to 10 minutes.
- Lion’s breathing: Sit in a comfortable position with your finger wide open. So, put your hand on your knees or the floor. Now, inhale through the nose. Opening your mouth, stick out your tongue stretching towards the chin. Now, exhale your breath with a “ha” or roar sound. Repeat this several times.
- Belly Breathing: Sit or lie down comfortably placing one hand on the upper chest and the other on the belly. Relax your belly and do not tighten or squeeze the muscles. Now inhale through the nose such that your stomach rises. However, your hand on your chest should remain constant or still. Therefore, the air must go from nose to belly and belly to nose. However, this can get difficult to attain for those who are new to this. But practice can make it happen.
- Resonance Breathing: Lie down comfortably. So now inhale for six seconds without filling too much air. Then, exhale for six seconds comfortably without pressure. Continue this exercise for ten minutes. Stay still and relax. So that it will help ease your anxiety.
- Equal Breathing: Sit down comfortably with complete focus on your breath. Now, inhale by counting seconds. After that exhale with the same count. Therefore, you are breathing equally. But remember to be present with a complete focus on breathing.
- 4-7-8 Breathing: It is one of the best relaxing exercises that provides calmness to the nervous system. So, for the exercise sit down with your spine straight. Firstly exhale all the breath you have inside. Then, inhale as you count to four inside your mind. After inhaling, stop your breath for seven counts. Then, slowly exhale with the count of eight. This is 4-7-8 breathing.
These are some common and effective breathing practices for relaxation and anxiety relief. However, most of these exercises come from the yoga pranayam. We all know how wonderful yoga is, especially its breathing exercises known as pranayam. Exercises like 4-7-8, Lion’s breathing, alternate nostril breathing, and more are all derived from yoga.
Also, there is some more pranayama like pursed-lip breathing, mindful breathing, etc. You can get information on them easily. Further, you can try any breathing exercises that you feel comfortable with. Also, incorporate them slowly into your lifestyle and practice them daily.
Apart from physical and breathing exercises, one may need extra help. In some severe cases, your doctor will prescribe you different treatment options. These can vary according to your condition. One of the effective treatments is Therapy. Also, there are different therapies for mental health disorders. The therapies include CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), psychotherapy, etc.
In addition to them, one may need medications with a combination of therapies. For this, you must consult a doctor. Your doctor will diagnose you by asking various questions about your symptoms and feelings. Further, they may decide whether you need medicines, therapy, or both.
Benzos: Effective medications for Anxiety
Anxiety medications are prescription medicines. These are Xanax, Farmapram, and Ativan. They belong to the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. These drugs affect the central nervous system in a person. Further, it increases GABA and balances brain chemicals. Therefore, it produces a calm feeling reducing anxiety. So, it treats anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety due to depression.
Medications like Xanax and others belong to the Schedule IV controlled substance. Therefore, they contain possibilities of abuse, overdose, and addiction. Therefore, the medicines should be used within the prescription range.
In addition, you can buy Xanax online for anxiety treatment. Also, ordering Farmapram online is an easy task. You just have to make sure that the online pharmacy is a reliable one that provides genuine medicines.
Conclusion: Exercises for Anxiety
Anxiety can get on nerves making life or relationships worse. Anxiety can also be a result of extreme stress for a long time. But choosing exercises for anxiety comes with no limitations. You can choose which you enjoy the most.
In addition, one of the best things to do in daily life is meditation. There are different types of meditations that you can try. Because these exercises for anxiety bring you to the present. Also, it helps you to connect with your inner self. So, start doing these and see the changes. But, do not put stress on yourself. Otherwise, what is the purpose of doing exercise, right? So, you can start doing it once or twice a week initially.
Lastly, if you want to buy Xanax online, or Farmapram online. Then, you can contact Rite Aid Pharmacy. You can get all genuine prescription medicine.