Oxycontin: An easy solution for an uneasy pain
Common Side effects of Oxycontin Read Here. Its belongs to a drug category Opioid. It helps in getting relief from severe pain in severe diseases such as cancer, brain tumor, etc.
It is a drug in which quantity can only be increased if you are already taking it in high dosage. Therefore, it can lead to death if you do otherwise.
- This drug has a higher chance of making a person an addict. Hence, it would help you if taking it as prescribed.
- A person should have prior knowledge of this medication.
- One should not consume Oxycontin in any case without a doctor’s prescription.
- Always consult your doctor for any queries if you have regarding this medication.
- Above all, take Oxycontin regularly as prescribed, and not only when you find it to take.
- A person can consume Oxycontin with or without food. However, a gap of 12 hours is to be maintained.
- Never lick, dissolve, and chew this medication. In other words, you have to swallow it with enough water.
- Never take this medication if you are already addicted to other drugs, or alcoholic, or allergic from drugs.
- As a result, always ask or talk to your doctor for any changes that happen during this medication.
- Like another drug, taking Oxycontin dosage in high quantity without prescription can cause severe harmful effects.
- Therefore, you should always take Oxycontin from the advice of any healthcare professional.
- A tolerated human body can take a single dose of more than 40mg.
- Also, the total daily dose can be more than 80mg.
- Adults may take 60mg per day from a doctor’s recommendation.
- The initial dosage of Oxycontin can be 10mg orally.
- Above all, the dosage can be adjustable as per body needs, or tolerance.
- However, such cases, also, the doctor’s recommendation is mandatory.
Common Side effects of Oxycontin:
As discussed above, like other drugs also, Oxycontin too has some common and non-common side effects.
Therefore, Oxycontin common side effects do not require medical help. On the other hand, non-common side effects need medical assistance if the situation becomes critical.
- If your doctor is suggesting you this medication, it means that the side effects are lesser than the benefits.
- As discussed above, this medication requires a doctor’s prescription.
- However, there are very few people who suffer from severe side effects while consuming Oxycontin.
- Some of the common side effects are Nausea, Vomit, weakness, drowsiness, dry mouth, sweating, constipation, etc.
- However, typical side effects can go away with time and proper health care.
- To get rid of common side effects, one can have juicy fruits or can do meditation, or physical exercise.
- There are some non-common side effects of Oxycontin, which require immediate medical help.
- Some of these are Mental/mood changes, shallow breathing, severe drowsiness, fainting, seizures, etc.
- It is advisable if you find any symptoms increasing or getting worse, you should consult to doctor without any delay.
- There are some allergic side effects also, which are very rare in this medication.
- However, if one faces the same, he should immediately take medical help.
- If other side effects that are not listed above occur, you should talk to your doctor.